A great beginning to 2015!
What a great month! Another year, and getting better! Why? Because in 2015 INALJ has a fantastic new Leadership Team, lead by Rachael Altman and Jennifer Devine, with Kate Kosturski, Ashley Mancill, Claire Schmieder and Stephanie Sendaula!
Here are the top 25 INALJ articles and top 10 interviews in 2014!
Our busiest day in January was 22,056 views on 1/28, and our busiest week had 123,725 views, and our month was 492,734 views!
We also hit 9.8 million page views in total! Also hoping INALJ supporters will continue to follow and support my latest venture, the new social purpose corp/ community and crowdfunding website, T160K.org, which focuses on arts and culture partnerships across Africa. I am co-founder and CMO.
Some fast stats for January 2015:
- 9,844,478 total INALJ.com page views (all time) and 492,734 in December alone
- 36,794 Tweets milestone reached
- 6,361 Twitter followers
- 6,632 Facebook fans
- 7,523 LinkedIn group members
- 1,195 INALJ.com email subscribers
- Our ?th fan found their job! ? fans shared that they found jobs in January and many, many more found jobs as well. (this stat will be updated later on some month)
- California was the most viewed US state page with 20,897 views
- Ontario was the most viewed Canadian province and of ALL jobs pages with 28,057 views
- Total jobs added for the month 5,910
The top 8 INALJ articles in January were:
5 Things That People Don’t Realize their Librarians Do by Rebecca Tischler
- Why I Quit My Library Job and Why I No Longer Want One by Naomi House, INALJ.com founder
- 4 Tips for the start of the job search—what I wish I had really understood before I began by Clare Sobotka
- 10 Inspiring Pinterest Collections Created by Libraries and Librarians by Kiersten Bryant
- 7 Great Sites for Academic Librarians by R.C. Miessler
- “Why do you need a master’s degree to be a librarian?” by Alexis (Stapp) Waide
- Debunking 10 Librarian Misconceptions by Aimee Graham
- 8 must haves for going to a Library Conference by Emily Woodcock
All 21 of our top 21 articles for January can be found here!
It is hard work finding job opportunities, applying for them and getting hired. I hope INALJ makes at least one aspect of your hunt easier so you can focus on applying and getting the job. Here is hoping February continues the trend. Here is hoping the community we have built can help you focus and grow and most importantly find work that can support you and work you can be passionate about.
Image created with Fotor