Another fantastic month!
8 million page views in total!
What a great month! Another fantastic September!
Our busiest day in September was 21,344 views on 9/8, and the busiest week with 116,451 views, and our 5th busiest month EVER at INALJ.com with 488,856 views!
We also hit 8 million page views in total. Fantastic! Also some big news, I was appointed to a 3 year term on the iSchool at the University of Maryland’s Inaugural MLS Advisory Board.
Some fast stats for September 2014:
- 8,046,330 total INALJ.com page views (all time) and 488,856 in September alone
- 33,091 Tweets milestone reached
- 5,908 Twitter followers
- 6,371 Facebook fans
- 6,827 LinkedIn group members
- 1,196 INALJ.com email subscribers
- Our ?th fan found their job! ? fans shared that they found jobs in September and many, many more found jobs as well. (this stat will be updated later on some month)
- California was the most viewed state page with 19,362 views
- Ontario was the most viewed Canadian province and of ALL jobs pages with 22,331 views
- Total jobs added for the month 8,008
Although I am not counting it below, the second most read article of the month was So I Had Another Miscarriage. Thank you all for your support!
The top 10 INALJ articles in September were:
- Why I Quit My Library Job and Why I No Longer Want One by Naomi House, INALJ.com founder
- Good Questions to ask Interviewers by Lauren Bourdages, Senior Assistant, INALJ Ontario
- How You’re Screwing Up Your Job Search by Rebecca Kluberdanz, Senior Editor, INALJ Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, and Wyoming
- 3 Ways to Get Library Experience without a Library Job by Courtney Baron, former Head Editor, INALJ Georgia
- (Google) Drive Your Library by Ashley Mancill, Senior Assistant, INALJ Alabama
- Rethinking Information Work: A Career Guide for Librarians and Other Information Professionals by Cassidy Charles, Senior Assistant, INALJ NYC
- 5 Things That People Don’t Realize their Librarians Do by Rebecca Tischler, Senior Editor
- “You want to work, but where?” by Amy Steinbauer, Senior Assistant, INALJ California
- For the Love of “Librarian” by Naomi House, INALJ.com founder
- MLIS + Non-Library Job = A Much Bigger Picture by Claire Schmieder, Senior Editor
Our most popular interview cracked the top 20 too!
- Sierra L. Campbell… Chicago History Museum & Success Story by Mary-Michelle Moore, Senior Editor, INALJ California, DC, and Illinois
All 20 of our top 20 articles for September can be found here!
It is hard work finding job opportunities, applying for them and getting hired. I hope INALJ makes at least one aspect of your hunt easier so you can focus on applying and getting the job. Here is hoping October continues the trend. Here is hoping the community we have built can help you focus and grow and most importantly find work that can support you and work you can be passionate about.
Image created with Facebook and Paint