by Adrith Bedore Bicchieri, Head Editor, INALJ Maryland
Keeping Current: Low to No-Cost Professional Development Opportunities in June
It’s already the end of May, INALJ visitors! Can you believe it? I know I can’t.
Here is a list of excellent free webinars open to all for the month of June. The eagle-eyed reader will note that they’re all in the first half of the month; this may be the result of the hosts’ preparation for ALA Annual Conference at the end of June. Look for an update near the end of May or early June with any additional professional development opportunities available in the second half of the month, for those #ALAleftbehind!
And if you’re going to Chicago, please stop and say “hi!” if you see me in the convention center.
On to the webinars!
- Presented by Institute of Museum and Library Services and Heritage Preservation – Using Collections Images in Online Exhibits – June 3 2PM Eastern – http://www.imls.gov/webwise_
- Presented by OCLC WebJunction – Amp Up Your Technology Training – June 4 2PM Eastern – http://www.webjunction.org/
- Presented by Institute of Museum and Library Services and Heritage Preservation – Using Collections Images in Educational Materials – June 5 2PM Eastern – http://www.imls.gov/webwise_
- Presented by American Libraries Live – New Technologies in Library Equipment – June 6 2PM Eastern – http://americanlibrarieslive.
- Presented by Kelli Ham, hosted by InfoPeople – The Accessible Website: If You Build It, Everyone Can Come – June 6 3PM Eastern – http://www.infopeople.org/the_
- Presented by Booklist – Summertime and the Listening Is Easy, celebrating National Audiobook Month – June 11 2PM Eastern – https://alapublishing.webex.
com/mw0307l/mywebex/default. do?nomenu=true&siteurl= alapublishing&service=6&rnd=0. 7144360715873569&main_url= https%3A%2F%2Falapublishing. webex.com%2Fec0606l% 2Feventcenter%2Fevent% 2FeventAction.do%3FtheAction% 3Ddetail%26confViewID% 3D1003842695%26%26%26% 26siteurl%3Dalapublishing
- Presented by ALA – Your Library Journey, Brand and Career – June 11 1PM Eastern – https://events-na8.
adobeconnect.com/content/ connect/c1/1087453682/en/ events/event/shared/default_ template/event_landing.html? sco-id=1136694079
- Presented by OCLC WebJunction – Support Patron Learning in Small Spaces with Small Budgets – June 12 2PM Eastern – http://www.webjunction.org/
events/webjunction/Support_ Patron_Learning_in_Small_ Spaces_with_Small_Budgets.html
- Presented by Francesca Goldsmith, hosted by InfoPeople – Community Led Library Service Development – June 12 3PM Eastern – http://infopeople.org/
Also see Sarah Deringer’s monthly calendar of Free Webinars!!!