Naomi House & Sana Khan- Co-Head Editors
Have your job seen by even more job hunters! Get more qualified applicants!
Place a sponsored ad today! Details here!
All dates are Month/Day
ALL individual jobs are found in pdf format at this link
All lists of additional sites to check will remain below, here on this page
Websites For Jobs
If you are in the U.S. and
thinking about working abroad, you might also want to check out UM’s International Opportunities for Information Management Professionals page. Keep in mind that other resources occasionally include non-U.S. positions, including the ads on LISjobs.com; USAJOBS also often posts government positions abroad.
Scroll down for resources in your country/ies of interest.
Job Exchange Programs
- ALA’s IRRT International Exchanges Subcommittee is full of useful links and resources.
is the International Library and Information Job Exchange. “LIBEX acts as a clearinghouse for CILIP Members and library and information staff in
other countries who are interested in arranging a job exchange between a UK based post and a non-UK based post.”
- UIUC’s Mortenson Center for International Library Programs seeks to “strengthen international ties among libraries and librarians.”
- “Reflections on Librarian Job Exchanges”
by Dr. Samuel Brown provides insights from those who have gone through the process.
- Asted lists job postings and news on its front page. Listings are in French.
- View job opportunities at the CLA Job Search.
Choose by province or list all.
- The Foothills Library Association focuses on Calgary and Alberta but also includes
job postings for the rest of British Columbia and other Prairie Provinces.
- The national Job Bank sometimes lists library-related postings.
- The Manitoba Library Association posts library positions in Manitoba and lists links to other (mainly Canadian) job sites.
- The Partnership Job Board combines listings from the provincial and territorial associations.
- Quebec Library Jobs postings from the Quebec Library Association. Postings in English and French.
- Paraprofessional positions are listed at the Saskatchewan Association of Library Technicians.
- The University of Toronto FIS JobSite
posts received vacancies.
- The University of Western Ontario Faculty of Information & Media Studies jobs
lists positions both in the US and in Canada.
- The Australian Library and Information Association posts open Australian positions, and is updated monthly.
- The National Library of Australia posts its openings online.
- New Zealand library positions are posted online. You can also contact them for more information on working as a librarian in New Zealand.
- The One Umbrella places information professionals across Australia in permanent, temporary and contract library, records and knowledge management positions. Jobs are listed under pertinent local offices.
- Resource Options fills full-time, contract and temporary positions in the library and information management sectors across the eastern seaboard of Australia.
Please note that jobs on these pages are generally in the language(s) of the particular country, and I’m unfortunately fairly monolingual. If you read one of these languages and note that the link has changed, it is no longer a library employment site, or if you have a site you wish to add,
please email and let me know.
- BIS, the Swiss Library Association, has a job site.
- Other Swiss job opportunities are often posted on the Swiss-lib list.
- AILIS, the Association of International Librarians and Information Specialists, posts international opportunities.
- Docuweb lists LIS positions in Spain.
- Stellenservice Bibliothekswesen links to library jobs in Germany.
- Israel’s Society of Special Libraries and Information Centers lists Israeli employment opportunities — you’ll need to know Hebrew and have Hebrew fonts installed to view.
- Those searching for jobs in Israel should also check the Haifa University LIS virtual billboard — again, you’ll need to install Hebrew fonts.
- The Italian Library Association provides job postings online.
- NVB lists librarian vacancies in the Netherlands.
- Current openings at Hatch Search Talent (Netherlands, postings in Dutch).
- Reekx has a list of Netherlands library and information positions.
- The French Library Association lists job postings and employment links.
- Library jobs in Belgium are generally listed either in Flemish or in French from the Belgian Association of Documentation.
- Job links from the Union of Danish Librarians.
- Infolibrarian lists job postings in India.
- Jobs posted at the Library Association of Singapore.
- Search Associates places school media specialists in American and international schools abroad.
- Career jet has a South Africa page with librarian jobs here: http://www.careerjet.co.za/librarian-jobs.html
- Indeed.com also has a South Africa website- http://www.indeed.co.za/jobs?q=librarian&l=South+Africa
If you have a job or website you want us to add email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Always put the state/province/country In The Subject Line of emails
This list of websites is based on resources compiled by Rachel Singer Gordon- edited, updated and added to on 11/4/12 by Naomi House. Now curated and maintained by the Head Editor of this page.