by Sandra Hoyer, former Head Editor, INALJ Washington.
previously published 12/5/13
10 Library-Themed Businesses I’d Love to Frequent Some Day
Here are 10 library-inspired places that I would love to visit.
- The Library in Rome, Italy. – Run by a library aficionada, this off the beaten path bar offers a cozy spot for both wine and book lovers.
- The Library Hotel in Bophut, Koh Samui, Thailand – I have dreamt of The Library’s red pool and many reading nooks. The perfect book-inspired getaway for any vacation.
- Library Bar in Los Angeles, California – This leather-bound book haven offers a private study feel while proving candle-lit spots for frequenting bibliophiles.
- Library Restaurant: A Steak House in Portsmouth, New Hampshire – This mansion turned hotel turned restaurant offers expansive spaces to dine and admire the available book selection.
- The Library in Wellington, New Zealand – This high-ceilinged spot offers a menu of cheeses, sweets, and fine beverages; as well as cozy leather booth seating for its patrons.
- The Library Lounge in London, England – This high shelved dining environment offers a getaway for lunch, dinner, or just a cup of tea.
- La Biblioteca Café – This center of culture offers not only a spot for music, theater and food; but also caters to the local book lover.
- The Library Bar in New York, New York – This bar, located in the NoMad Hotel, offers an opulent space for enjoying both books and drinks.
- Library Hotel in New York, New York – Love the concept behind this hotel. Each floor is named after a Dewey Decimal category. Each room is decorated with card catalogs, books, and art. The hotel holds over 6,000 books in its collection.
- BookBar in Dever, Colorado – This “book shop for wine lovers” and a “wine bar for book shoppers” offers a space for book loving minds to unite.
What are some spots you would love to visit some day?
2 comments for “10 Library-Themed Businesses I’d Love to Frequent Some Day”