Naomi House, CEO & Editor
Matthew Johnson – Content Editor
Have your job seen by the most job hunters! Get more qualified applicants!
Place a sponsored ad today! Details here
ALL individual jobs are found in pdf format at this link
All lists of additional sites to check will remain below, here on this page
- The New Hampshire State Library has a jobline.
- Simmons School of Library and Information Science has a jobline that covers New England, as well as occasionally posting jobs from outside New England.
- Franklin Pierce College
- Dartmouth College Library
- Antioch University
- Colby-Sawyer College
- The College of St Mary Magdalene
- The Community College System of New Hampshire
- Locations in Portsmouth, Laconia, Manchester, Nashua, Concord, Claremont, and Berlin
- Daniel Webster College
- University System of New Hampshire– if you are currently with the university system, be sure to check your campus listings for internal only positions in the library, or for information technologist positions.
- Hesser College
- Locations in Concord, Manchester, Nashua, Portsmouth, and Salem
- Hesser is part of Kaplan, so there are non academic listings as well
- New England College
- New Hampshire Institute of Art
- Rivier University
- St Anselm College
- Southern New Hampshire University
- The Chronicle of Higher Education also allows institutions to post jobs– you will need to filter by library or archive depending on your interest.
- Love history? Try Historic New England– they have library and archivist jobs at historical sites in NH, MA, ME, CT, and RI. Also try the New England Museum Association for library and museum jobs.
- The New Hampshire Historical society operates a library and archive as well.
- The Currier Museum of Art in Manchester has a library and archive
- Starwberry Banke in Portsmouth will have library or archive positions available sometimes. There is also a summer internship program, with several areas of concentration.
- The Portsmouth Athenaeum is a private museum and archive.
- ACRL New England Chapter has a Google job board
- SLA’s New England Chapter has a job list, as well as volunteer opportunities.
- Try ALA Joblist and SLA’s joblist. Search “New Hampshire” “library” or “librarian.” Not all of these sites will have NH jobs at all times, so sometimes you will get empty search results.
- The New Hampshire Library Association has a twitter feed where they will post job openings
- The Society of American Archivists has a job search that can be sorted by state.
- Association of Research Libraries has a job board as well.
- New Hampshire state job bank
- US Government jobs– the advanced search will allow you to choose different jobs, including librarian or library technician and archivist.
- City of Manchester
- City of Nashua
- City of Concord
- The City of Concord library has a need for volunteers on an ongoing basis. Click here for more information
- The Hollis Social Library also looks for volunteers on an ongoing basis. Click here for more information
- City of Keene
- City of Portsmouth
- City of Claremont
- City of Franklin
- For public schools across the state, search EdJobsNH. Be aware that the State of New Hampshire requires teaching credentials for all librarians or school media specialists but does not require a Master’s. An MLS can substitute for some tests/teaching requirements. For credentialing information, view this resource on the NH Department of Education website.
- *Techie bent? Try LITA’s Northeastern Region job listings (ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NY, NJ, and PA).
- School Spring lists openings in schools K-12. Look for librarian or media specialist.
- YBP Library Services/Baker Taylor have a large office in Contoocook, NH (employment link is at the bottom and cannot be bookmarked)
- Fidelity Investments is the largest employer in the state and has some content management and library/archive jobs from time to time.
- Oracle has a location in Nashua, NH as well
- BAE Systems is located in NH and will have database admin jobs from time to time.
- Xerox has locations in Southern NH
- Indeed.com search
- Media Bistro offers positions relating to social media
- More vendors, associations, jobs boards, etc can be found at the INALJ USA -Virtual Work page
- The Association of Research Libraries will allow you to post your resume to their database, providing it to their member institutions. This is an option if you are within 6-8 months of graduation up until 6- 8 months after graduation or completing a post LIS residency program.
If you have a job or website you want us to add email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Always put the state/province/country In The Subject Line of emails This list of websites is based on resources compiled by Rachel Singer Gordon- edited, updated and added to on 11/4/12 by Naomi House. Alexis Rohlfing was instrumental in creating, maintaining and curating this page! Now curated and maintained by the Editor of this page.