Ch-ch-changes for INALJ in 2016!
Thanks to everyone who gave and continues to give via PayPal & GoFundMe I am able to keep INALJ.com going for the near future! Your help paid some of my bills and allowed me to really concentrate on INALJ. Also HUGE thanks to all INALJ’s sponsors of pages and of jobs! You are the best!
2015 was …. interesting. Filled with more needless busywork than one free library jobs site should create for itself and its volunteers, lol, but we made it. And looking back I realize there are some major time savers I can employ in 2016 mostly with the goal of saving my volunteers and I time, while still providing an excellent cache of LIS related jobs for job hunters. Whew.
So what is changing?
- Back to pdfs! I still dislike the pdfs but the truth is it will save me roughly 10-30 hours a week adding a few pdfs daily instead of updating 63 individual pages.
- Back to daily updates! You may have noticed around October I moved towards updating 2-4 times a week. That is due to the unusual, manual method and its time constraints. Nevermore! Pdfs will be updated daily and posted to the site. I expect sometime in late January for this really to be regular.
- Articles may appear more regularly! May. I’d still love to write at least 1 a week and it may even happen. And as always anyone can click on Blog for Us and well, blog for us.
- Volunteers will be aware of their one calendar year commitment! Because many weren’t and now we will make that clear 🙂
- Volunteers will be managing their own time off! Instead of us finding subs etc all volunteers will fill in their own calendar- this will save time on emailing and double work. Woot.
- Fundraising will continue! I’ll leave PayPal and GoFundMe up and still accept sponsored pages and jobs because any little bit helps me a ton, and I appreciate that the internet makes this easier!
Lets see how this all goes! We are chugging along into our 6th year and who knows what the future might bring? PS: photo is with my husband, Sana <3 The blurry spot on the image is where it is scratched when I dropped it 😀