- Work Experience
- Professional Organizations
- Contact Information
Adult Services Librarian
Cherry Hill Public Library
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Alice Paul Institute
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
- Managed programs, including scheduling, logistics, facilitating, editing, developing, promoting, and growing their reach.
- Maintained API’s website and all API social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest).
- Maintained the New Jersey Women’s History website.
- Co-advised the Girls Advisory Council, API’s leadership and outreach group for teenage girls.
- Researched grant and fundraising opportunities.
- Designed flyers, event listings, and promotional materials.
- Maintained the New York City, New York state, and Texas pages.
- Managed the Senior Assistants and Assistant Editors for NYC, NY, and TX.
- Tracked statistics for the NYC, NY, and TX, including number of jobs added weekly.
- Uploaded pre-formatted jobs and delete old and expired jobs.
- Wrote monthly blogs for INALJ.com
- Edited and provided daily content updates to the New Jersey page.
- Deleted old and expired jobs.
- Managed up to five Assistant Editors.
- Maintained and updated lists of websites for job searching.
- Wrote monthly blogs. (Linked below)
Intern & Volunteer
Monmouth County Archives
Manalapan, New Jersey
- Processed, arranged, and constructed a collection database for the Lunacy Collection (92 boxes, 38.36 linear feet), a family of approximately 10,000 documents from lunacy hearings in the Monmouth County Court of Common Pleas and from civil commitments to the New Jersey State Mental Asylum between 1848 and 1929.
- Researched and wrote a complete collection finding aid using DACS standards.
- Wrote detailed explanations of my processing and arrangement workflows.
- Compiled a comprehensive container list.
Instructional Assistant, The Internet and the Information Environment: A Quantitative Approach
New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Assisted the professor with decisions regarding assignment content, due dates, and evaluating student work.
- Met with students during office hours to answer questions regarding course material, homework assignments, exams, and projects.
- Graded coursework, which included homework assignments, exams, and an extensive term project.
- Provided student feedback regarding their coursework, especially regarding the quality and content of their written assignments.
- Led one writing workshop and three exam review class sessions.
Historical Research Consultant
Preservation Alliance of Greater Philadelphia
- Conducted historical research for the Philadelphia 2035 Comprehensive Plan to identify neighborhoods in the city in need of rezoning.
- Gathered historical data from archives, libraries, and historical societies.
- Examined primary sources, such as court records, photographs, physical maps, insurance maps, books, pamphlets, and periodicals.
- Wrote extensive historical context studies for the Frankford (linked below), Manayunk, Roxborough, and Moyamensing neighborhoods.
Historical Tour Research and Development
South Jersey Tourism Corporation
Camden, New Jersey
- Researched pre-assigned topics and prepared scripts in support of development of a tour based on Walt Whitman’s life in Camden, New Jersey.
- Collaborated with invested parties, including the Walt Whitman House (a National Park Service site), the Camden County Historical Society, and Harleigh Cemetery.
- The tour, entitled “Walt Whiman and His Invincible City,” won a Governor’s Excellence in Tourism Award in 2007.
- Upcoming. Panelist. “Using Your Librarian Skills in Innovative Ways,” American Library Association Annual Conference. Moscone Center, San Francisco, CA. June 27, 2015.
- Panelist. “Social Media & Professional Development: A Panel Discussion,” New Jersey Library Association Annual Conference. Ocean Place Resort and Spa, Long Branch, NJ. April 22, 2015.
- Presenter. “Finding What You Need on the Internet Archive,” Telling Untold Histories: Public History Unconference. Rutgers University, Camden, NJ. April 10, 2015.
- Panelist. “Workshop: Best Practices for Public History and Library Internships,” Archives Week. Monmouth County Library, Manalapan, NJ. October 8, 2014.
- Panelist. “Using Social Media Tools to Stay Current in Today’s Job Market,” Special Library Association-New York Conference and Expo. Baruch College-CUNY, New York, NY. September 18, 2014.
- Presenter. “Creating Opportunities for Professional and Personal Development while on the Job Hunt,” New Jersey Library Association Annual Conference. Revel, Atlantic City, NJ. June 4, 2014.
- Presenter. “Prezi 101,” New Jersey Library Association Microconference. Montville Public Library, Montville, NJ, April 23, 2014.
- Presenter. “Prezi 101,” New Jersey Library Association Microconference. Monroe Township Public Library, Monroe Township, NJ. April 2, 2014.
- Presenter. “Prezi 101,” New Jersey Library Association Microconference. Mullica Hill Public Library, Mullica Hill, NJ. March 6, 2014.
- The Job Hunter’s Guide to Positivity
- Librarians Are Superheroes (Literally and Figuratively)
- The Art of Making Mistakes
- Conference Session Proposals and Presentations: Less Complicated Than You’d Think
- Things You Should Never Say to a Job Hunter (and What to Say Instead)
- MLIS + Non-Library Job = A Much Bigger Picture
- 5 Things I’d Like to Learn in 2014
- Patience, Grasshopper
- Gearing up for a Phone Interview
- “Mother Knows Best” Isn’t Just a Song in a Disney Movie, AKA One Reason Why Your Support System Matters
- Beggars Can’t Be Choosers
- Adusting the Sails: Managing Temporary Disruptions in My Job Search
- The Cover Letter, Demystified
- Librarians Have Skills: Celebrating Librarianship on Spotify
- 3 Off-the-Beaten Paths to Librarianship
- Nancy Kranich…Former ALA President
- Second Time Around: Staying Positive during My Job Search, or I’m a Recovering Debbie Downer
- How to Embrace Being an Emerging Professional
American Library Association
New Jersey Library Association
Vice-Chair, Member Communications Subcommittee
National Council on Public History
Phi Alpha Theta
Master of Library and Information Science
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Master of Arts, Public History
Phi Alpha Theta
Camden, New Jersey
Bachelor of Arts, History
The College of William and Mary
I’m an enthusiast! I am an Adult Services Librarian at Cherry Hill Public Library in South Jersey. I hold an MA (2007) in Public History and an MLIS (2013), both from Rutgers University. I’m also the Vice Chair of the New Jersey Library Association’s Publications Committee. Before earning my MLIS, I worked as an independent researcher and writer for a handful of amazing organizations, such as the South Jersey Tourism Corporation, the Pew Foundation, and the Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance. In my free time, I read, write, and play Minecraft. I am actively trying to learn more about coding and website development. You can find me on LibraryThing, LinkedIn, and Twitter.