February: 4.5 million views and best month ever!
What a great month! The big news is we had our best month ever despite February being the shortest month of the year, and we reached over 4.5 million page views at INALJ.com. February’s busiest day and our busiest EVER was 16,939 views on 2/24 (the day I presented at OCLC EMEA in Cape Town, South Africa), and our busiest week EVER at 93,055 views the 9th week of the year, and it was our busiest month EVER at INALJ.com with 359,904 views in February alone!
Some fast stats for February 2014:
- 4,592,032 total INALJ.com page views (all time) and 359,904 in Febrary alone
- 21,003 Tweets milestone reached
- 4,514 Twitter followers
- 5,787 Facebook fans
- 4,775 LinkedIn group members
- 1,210 INALJ.com email subscribers
- Our ?th fan found their job! ? fans shared that they found jobs in February and many, many more found jobs as well. (this stat will be updated later on this month)
- California was the most viewed state page with 18,715 views
- Ontario was the most viewed Canadian province with 6,492 views
- Total jobs added for the month 7,834
The top 5 INALJ articles in February were:
1. 7 Great Sites for Academic Librarians by R.C. Miessler, Head Editor, INALJ Indiana
2. The Skinny on Cruise Ship Librarianship by Rebecca Vogler, Head Editor, INALJ Nevada
3. MLIS + Non-Library Job = A Much Bigger Picture by Claire Schmieder, Head Editor, INALJ New Jersey
4. Cross-Country Job Searching : An Interview with Derrick Jefferson by Caitlin Moen, Head Editor, INALJ Louisiana
5. Tips for Writing Amazing Cover Letters by Rebekah Kati, Head Editor, INALJ North Carolina
It is hard work finding job opportunities, applying for them and getting hired. I hope INALJ makes at least one aspect of your hunt easier so you can focus on applying and getting the job. Here is hoping March continues the trend. Here is hoping the community we have built can help you focus and grow and most importantly find work that can support you and work you can be passionate about.
*screen capture of chart made with WordPress and Wordle made with Wordle.net