Leigh Milligan, Head Editor, INALJ Wisconsin Kristin Moo, Assistant Jess Bruckner, Assistant Kristin Johnson-Perlock, Assistant
Deputy Director / Brown County Public Library / Green Bay, WI / Apply by 1/8/14 / http://wvls.org/jobs/deputy-director
- Bilingual Teacher in the Library / Milwaukee Public Library / Milwaukee, WI / http://www.mpl.org/File/job_teacherinthelibrary_bilingual.pdf
Part-Time Librarian for Transformational Graduate Programs/ Wright Graduate University for the Realization of Human Potential/ Elkhorn, WI / http://ww2.wisconsin.gov/state/employment/app?COMMAND=gov.wi.state.cpp.job.command.ShowJobDetails&selectedJob=201311021318410918544
Elementary School Library Media Specialist / Dodgeville School District / Dodgeville, WI / http://www.schoolspring.com/super/superview.cfm?jid=8190852&ssp=0
High School Library Media Specialist / Dodgeville School District / Dodgeville, WI / http://www.schoolspring.com/super/superview.cfm?jid=8190862&ssp=0
Admissions Sales Associate / Milwaukee Public Museum / Milwaukee, WI / http://www.mpm.edu/about-mpm/careers/open-positions
Customer Service Representative I / Milwaukee Public Museum / Milwaukee, WI / http://www.mpm.edu/about-mpm/careers/open-positions
Visitor Assistant I / Milwaukee Public Museum / Milwaukee, WI / http://www.mpm.edu/about-mpm/careers/open-positions
- Annual Campaign and Research Manager / Milwaukee Public Museum / Milwaukee, WI / http://www.mpm.edu/about-mpm/careers/open-positions
Part-Time Library Assistant – Interlibrary Loan / Rhinelander District Library / Rhinelander, WI / Apply by 12/10 / http://wvls.org/jobs/part-time-library-assistant-lsa1-interlibrary-loan
Web Technology Operations Manager / TeachingBooks.net / Madison, WI / Apply by 12/27 / http://wvls.org/jobs/web-technology-operations-manager
Library Circulation Clerk / Hartland Public Library / Hartland, WI / Apply by 12/10 / The Hartland Public Library is seeking a friendly, outgoing person to work at the circulation desk part time, 15 to 20 hours per week. Duties include checking materials in and out, general patron assistance and book repair. Schedule includes one evening and every fourth Saturday. Beginning salary is $10.66 per hour. Bachelor’s degree, equivalent work experience, or public library experience preferred. Applications are available and accepted in person at the library until 8:00 pm December 10th. Hartland Public Library, 110 E. Park Avenue, Hartland, WI 53029; 262-367-3350. EOE
Library Services Assistant Advanced / University of Wisconsin-Madison / Madison, WI / http://www.ohr.wisc.edu/WebListing/Classified/PDDetail.aspx?vacid=89869&title=57764
Library Services Assistant (term) / University of Wisconsin-Madison /Madison, WI / Apply by 12/13 / http://www.ohr.wisc.edu/weblisting/classified/PDSummary.aspx?vacid=89869&title=57764&tranType=PROJ
Dean of the School of Information Studies / University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee / Milwaukee, WI / Apply by 1/31/14 / https://joblist.ala.org/modules/jobseeker/controller.cfm?scr=jobdetail&jobid=24742
- Outreach Specialist / University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee / Milwaukee, WI / Apply by 1/1/14 / https://jobs.uwm.edu/postings/16720?utm_source=linkup&utm_medium=referrer
Education Administrative Director-Assistant Director of Instructional Media and Technology / Department of Public Instruction / Dane, WI / Apply by 12/16 / http://wisc.jobs/public/job_view.asp?annoid=70281&jobid=69796&org=255&class=59540&index=true
Library Specialist / Aspirus Wausau Hospital / Wausau, WI / http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=d9106eb9c80fbf4c&from=api&q=library+wisconsin&l=Wisconsin&atk=18atmen410njh0p1&sclk=1&sjdu=WhkSbomCUWHdYnMXpxyr3JZg2lrUBGVm0fEWIyTte5y7CdKHTTC1jODisuQk8wVTi4MQTecILRGSw1K86KwzvSuiLq1Q2rTjCcUBJ1LPFQhIuSYxwUCePAekf_egIPVg
Library Director / Beloit Public Library / Beloit, WI / Apply by 12/20 / http://www.beloitlibrary.info/?pid=135
- Archives Assistant / Ortho-Molecular Products / Stevens Point, WI / ORTHO-MOLECULAR PRODUCTS
3017 BUSINESS PARK DRIVE
STEVENS POINT, WI 54482
Work Site County/ies: Portage
On Bus Route? Yes
Pay: $10.00 Per Hour Minimum, Negotiable
Duration/Hours Per Week: Part-Time, 25 Hours Per Week Minimum
Shift/Work Days:First Shift. Overtime as needed
Monday-Friday. 9:00am – 3:30pm
Number of Openings: 1 Minimum Requirements of Employer:
Education: High School Diploma/GED Equivalent Required
Professional Licenses / Certifications: No Licenses or Certifications Requested
Vehicle Desired, Mileage reimbursement available.
Age: 18 or older Desired
Experience / Qualifications:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 1-2 years of experience in a GMP or other regulated environment desired
• Basic knowledge of computers, database structure, web pages, and programs like Excel, Word, Power Point
• Concise and effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to lift boxes weighing 50+ pounds
• Must be able to work at heights of 12 feet or higher for filing
Pre-employment drug screening required.
Background check required.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Job:
Archives Assistant (part-time)
We are looking to add a part-time Archives Assistant to our team (Mon. – Fri. 9:00am – 3:30pm). As a part-time, Archives Assistant, you will be responsible for assisting in maintaining a state of document control to ensure Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) regulatory compliance and applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) are followed in the manufacturing, packaging, and distribution of nutraceuticals.
• Perform duties in compliance with SOP’s and GMP’s
• Maintain the Archive area and associated processes
• Data entry
• Assist with filing
• Maintain all records, data, procedures, SOPs, methods, and forms in a state of document control
• Stay current with GMP and other regulations that apply to the manufacturing, packaging, holding, and distribution of nutraceuticals
• Help design/implement systems and processes to meet regulatory compliance as necessary
• Make recommendations for better organization or filing of the archive area
• Strictly follow GMP and other regulatory requirements
• Assist in activities in developing process improvements and new products
• Plan individual workload in coordination with team members, and supervisor to meet project deadlines
• Ability to work without supervision and within time constraints given
• Ability to review work for overall accuracy and correctness
• Weekend work as required
Ortho Molecular Products, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of nutraceuticals and dietary supplements. We manufacture and distribute natural vitamins and supplements to health care professionals.
How To Apply:
E-Mail a Résumé : To apply for this job, send your résumé to email@example.com
Youth Services Librarian / Cudahy Family Library / Cudahy, WI / Apply by 12/30 / http://www.cudahyfamilylibrary.org/
- Instructional Designer-IS Business Automation Senior / Department of Public Instruction / Madison, WI / Apply by 12/16 / http://wisc.jobs/public/job_view.asp?annoid=70580&jobid=70095&org=255&class=13662&index=true
Library Assistant Reference Services / Kenosha Public Library / Kenosha, WI / Apply by 12/9 / http://agency.governmentjobs.com/kenoshawi/default.cfm?action=viewJob&jobID=767932&hit_count=yes&headerFooter=1&promo=0&transfer=0&WDDXJobSearchParams=%3CwddxPacket%20version%3D%271%2E0%27%3E%3Cheader%2F%3E%3Cdata%3E%3Cstruct%3E%3Cvar%20name%3D%27CATEGORYID%27%3E%3Cstring%3E-1%3C%2Fstring%3E%3C%2Fvar%3E%3Cvar%20name%3D%27PROMOTIONALJOBS%27%3E%3Cstring%3E0%3C%2Fstring%3E%3C%2Fvar%3E%3Cvar%20name%3D%27TRANSFER%27%3E%3Cstring%3E0%3C%2Fstring%3E%3C%2Fvar%3E%3Cvar%20name%3D%27FIND_KEYWORD%27%3E%3Cstring%3E%3C%2Fstring%3E%3C%2Fvar%3E%3C%2Fstruct%3E%3C%2Fdata%3E%3C%2FwddxPacket%3E
Public Services Manager / Mead Public Library / Sheboygan, WI / Apply by 12/18 / http://meadpubliclibrary.org/about/psmanager
Information and Assistance Specialist / Aging and Disability Resource Center / Stevens Point, WI / Apply by 12/9 / http://portagecountyjobs.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2lt3osi0gtw/aaac
Digital Librarian / University of Wisconsin-Madison / Madison, WI / Apply by 12/13 / http://www.higheredjobs.com/details.cfm?JobCode=175828874&utm_source=Indeed&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Indeed
- Research Assistantships / University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee / Milwaukee, WI / Apply by 1/15/14 / https://pantherfile.uwm.edu/groups/sois/webdocs/Research-Assistantships-14.pdf
Public Library Assistant / Durand Community Library / Durand, WI / Apply by 12/13 / Durand Community Library is accepting applications for the position of Public Library Assistant. This is a permanent, year round, part-time position with day, evening and occasional Saturday hours. Duties include patron assistance, circulation, reference, collection maintenance, planning and executing library programs. Excellent customer service, organizational skills, and high comfort level with technology required. High school diploma required-Library experience preferred. To receive an application, please bring a letter of interest and resume including references to the library at 604 7th Ave East, Durand, WI during regular business hours. Deadline for applications is December 13, 2013. Any questions, please feel free to contact Patti Blount-,Library Director – phone: 715-672-8730 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference and Interlibrary Loan Librarian / University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point / Stevens Point, WI / Apply by 2/10/14 / http://www.uwsp.edu/equity/Job%20Vacancies/job%20opening%2014-56F33.pdf
Instructional Technology Librarian / University of Wisconsin-La Crosse / La Crosse, WI / Apply by 12/16 / https://employment.uwlax.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1383965884162
- Reference and Instruction Archivist / University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee / Milwaukee, WI / Apply by 12/14 / https://jobs.uwm.edu/postings/16449
Senior Records Analyst / Dairyland Power Cooperative / La Crosse, WI / Apply by 12/9 / http://www.dairynet.com/careers/detail.php?id=2708
Visitor Services Information Assistant / US Department of Agriculture Forest Service / Multiple Locations / Apply by 1/2/14 / https://my.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/334703900
- Try Wisconsin.gov for librarian positions — Look under the Education category and then select appropriate subcategories such as “Libraries” and K12…Library Services.” You can also do a search by keyword using the words either “Library” or “Librarian”as search terms.
- The Wisconsin Valley Library Service posts position openings in Clark, Forest, Langlade, Lincoln, Marathon, Oneida and Taylor counties.
- Try The State Government of Wisconsin for librarian, archivist, and curator positions-Look under Job Category Librarian, Archivists, Curators.
- The School of Library and Information Studies at the University of Wisconsin-Madison maintains a Library Jobs Blog for all types of library positions.
- Register with The Job Center of Wisconsin for free to locate library positions. Look under the occupation category “Education, Training and Library Occupations” You can also do a keyword search using keywords “library” or “Librarian.” You can also do a map search to narrow down to specific areas and counties of Wisconsin, to locate library positions as well.
- Library positions located through the Wisconsin Job Network
- Look here for library and librarian positions though the City of Madison
- Locate library jobs in the Village of Brown Deer.
- Find library positions with the City of Ashland.
Public Libraries and Historical Societies
- Jobs at the Marathon County Public Library
- Look here for job openings at the Waukesha County Federated Library System.
- Employment at the Waukesha Public Library.
- Jobs at the Manitowoc Public Library.
- Job openings in member libraries of the Outagamie Waupaca Library System.
- Positions at the Appleton Public Library.
- Job openings at the Milwaukee Public Library require city residency.
- Positions at Kenosha Public Library.
- The Winnefox Library System posts jobs on their site’s front page (scroll down).
- The South Central Library system posts job openings on occasion in their online update
- Look here jobs in the Winding Rivers Library System
- Library job listings in the Indianhead Federated Library System
- Search for jobs at the Antigo Public Library (go to ‘Library Info’–>’About APL’–>’Employment’).
- Employment opportunities at the Oshkosh Public Library.
- Library jobs at the Waupaca Public Library.
- Jobs at the Whitewater Public Library.
- Check here for library jobs at the WJ Niederkorn Library in Port Washington.
- Employment at the Waunakee Public Library.
- Look here for employment opportunities at the Hedberg Public Library in Janesville.
- Check here for jobs in the Southwest Library System.
- Employment opportunities at L.E. Phillips Memorial Library in Eau Claire.
- Look for library jobs at the Greendale Public Library.
- Library jobs at the Greenfield Public Library.
- Jobs openings at the Hales Corners Library.
- Check here for job positions at the Hudson Public Library.
- Search for library jobs at the Fond du Lac Public Library.
- Library positions at the Mead Public Library in Sheboygan.
- Look here for jobs at the Middleton Public Library.
- Jobs at the Menomonee Falls Public Library.
- Openings at La Crosse Public Library.
- Positions for the Altoona Public Library can sometime be found under Employment Opportunities.
- Check Beloit Public Library for library employment.
- Find employment at Black Earth Public Library.
- PublicLibraries.com has a page for all the public libraries in Wisconsin, a great resource in locating public library jobs.
- Check out positions at the Wisconsin Historical Society.
- Look here for job openings at all campuses of the University of Wisconsin. Use keywords “library” or “librarian” for your search or do an advanced service and choose “Library and Museum” as the job family.
- Look here for library work for UW-Madison Students at University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Job openings at MERIT Library at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Search for library positions at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Job openings at Fox Valley Technical College. Choose “library” as the department for your search.
- Check out positions at Mid-State Technical College. Choose “library services” as the department for your search.
- Library positions at Northcentral Technical College.
- Check here for library positions at Ripon College.
- Library positions at Cardinal Stritch University.
- You can locate links to all the websites for Wisconsin colleges and universities at PublicLibraries.com.
Museums and Archives
- Try the National Council on Public History for museum and archivist jobs in Wisconsin.
- Find preservation jobs and internships in Wisconsin at PreserveNet.
- The Preservation Directory includes job and internship postings for preservation, museum, building restoration, urban planning and other related fields.
- Positions at the Bergstrom-Mahler Museum.
- Check here for positions at the Racine Art Museum.
- Chazen Museum of Art posts positions for employment at the museum, as well as employment for students from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Check here for positions at Madison Museum of Contemporary Art.
- Look for jobs at the Milwaukee Art Museum.
- Open positions at Milwaukee Public Museum.
- Browse this page for employment at Oshkosh Public Museum.
- Locate employment at the Wisconsin Maritime Museum.
- The University of Milwaukee maintains a School of Information Studies Job Mailing List for all types of library positions.
- Special Libraries Association Wisconsin maintains a Wisconsin SLA Mailing List for library job positions in Wisconsin. You must be a member of SLA to join the mailing list.
- The Wisconsin Division for Libraries and Technology (DLT) maintains The Wisconsin Public Library E-mail List which includes job postings for Wisconsin Public Library jobs.
- Search for library positions and internships through Wisconsin Library Association.
- Locate library media specialist and school library positions at SchoolSpring.
- Check the Southern Teachers Agency for school library positions.
- Find outside the box jobs at companies in the Milwaukee area through The Muse.
- Even more outside the box jobs such as social media and web development related positions in Wisconsin through MediaBistro.
- Search current postings on ALAJobList for Wisconsin jobs.
- Search current postings on SLA for Wisconsin jobs.
- Library positions in Wisconsin on Indeed.
- Librarian positions in Wisconsin on Indeed.
- Library positions in Wisconsin on LinkUp.
- Librarian positions in Wisconsin on LinkUp.
- Library positions in Wisconsin on JobTarget.
- Librarian positions in Wisconsin on JobTarget.
- Search for library and librarian jobs in Wisconsin through the Federal Government.
- More vendors, associations, jobs boards, etc can be found at the INALJ USA -Telework page.
I grew up in Philadelphia, PA and I currently live with my fiancé, black cat and hermit crab in Levittown, PA, a small suburb outside Philadelphia. We are getting married in May 2015. I graduated from West Chester University in 2008 with two degrees in English Literature and Theatre Arts. I graduated from Drexel University with my MLIS in 2011. I am a library assistant for Magee Rehabilitation Hospital in Philadelphia, PA and a Volunteer Reference Librarian for the Internet Public Library. My hobbies are geocaching, music, camping, reading, crafting, video games, writing, trying new restaurants, antiques, anything Jim Henson related and exploring new places. I hope to work as a full-time librarian in the future. I look forward to helping other librarians with their career goals, while I am working on my own. Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn and follow the INALJ Wisconsin Twitter!
- Open Cover Letters
- How to Stand Out on LinkedIn
- Lanora Melillo…Youth Services Librarian and Webmaster
- Jennifer Snoek-Brown…Reel Librarians Blog
- Informational Interviewing: A Unique Way to Learn about Libraries and Network at the Same Time
- Venus Bradley…Patient Resource Center Manager
- What I Learned From a Traumatic Experience: How to Store Important Documents
- Banned Books Week-Our Top 5 (Part 1)
- New York ComicCon: A Rewarding Experience for Librarians
- 5 Tips on Combating the Big Bad Stress Monster