12.5 million page views!
What a great month! July was such an amazing month at INALJ! It was the one year anniversary of my most popular personal blog post ever, Why I Quit My Library Job and Why I No Longer Want One. My how time flies. It was also the end of an INALJ era as it was the last month we had Senior Editor positions. Starting in August I am going back to my roots and will be the only one adding jobs, though tons of great volunteers will continue to send and format them 🙂
Our busiest day in July was 22,984 views on 7/28, and our busiest week had 121,365 views, and our month was 520,907 views!
We also hit 12.5 million page views in total! Also hoping INALJ supporters will continue to follow and support my latest venture, the new social purpose corp/ community and crowdfunding website, T160K.org, which focuses on arts and culture partnerships across Africa. I am co-founder and CMO.
Some fast stats for July 2015:
- 12,932,341 total INALJ.com page views (all time) and 520,907 in July alone
- 42,738 Tweets milestone reached
- 6,901 Twitter followers
- 6,902 Facebook fans
- 8,304 LinkedIn group members
- 1,234 INALJ.com email subscribers
- California was the most viewed US state page with 21,958 views
- Ontario was the most viewed Canadian province and of ALL jobs pages with 25,381 views
- Total jobs added for the month 8,135 (approx.)
The top 6 INALJ articles in July :
- Why We Should Banish Business Suits for Interviews by Naomi House, INALJ founder and CEO
- Why I Quit My Library Job and Why I No Longer Want One by Naomi House, INALJ founder and CEO
- How to Suck at Volunteering : a personal story of how I did it and how I fixed it by Naomi House, INALJ founder and CEO
- Wanted: The Next Librarian of Congress by Andy Woodworth
- “Why do you need a master’s degree to be a librarian?” by Alexis Stapp
- 5 Things That People Don’t Realize their Librarians Do by Rebecca Tischler
The top 20 blogs for the month can be found on Twitter with #Top20INALJuly15
It is hard work finding job opportunities, applying for them and getting hired. I hope INALJ makes at least one aspect of your hunt easier so you can focus on applying and getting the job. Here is hoping August continues the trend. Here is hoping the community we have built can help you focus and grow and most importantly find work that can support you and work you can be passionate about.
Image created with Fotor