Another fantastic month!
8.5 million page views in total!
Our busiest day in October was 20,482 views on 10/14, and our busiest week had 111,599 views, and our month was 486,486 views!
We also hit 8.5 million page views in total. Fantastic! Also some big news, I was appointed to a 3 year term on the iSchool at the University of Maryland’s Inaugural MLS Advisory Board.
Some fast stats for October 2014:
- 8,532,816 total INALJ.com page views (all time) and 488,856 in October alone
- 33,857 Tweets milestone reached
- 6,025 Twitter followers
- 6,433 Facebook fans
- 7,018 LinkedIn group members
- 1,194 INALJ.com email subscribers
- Our ?th fan found their job! ? fans shared that they found jobs in October and many, many more found jobs as well. (this stat will be updated later on some month)
- California was the most viewed state page with 20,073 views
- Ontario was the most viewed Canadian province and of ALL jobs pages with 24,035 views
- Total jobs added for the month 9,763
The top 10 INALJ articles in October were:
- Why I Quit My Library Job and Why I No Longer Want One by Naomi House, INALJ.com founder
- 5 Things That People Don’t Realize their Librarians Do by Rebecca Tischler, Senior Editor
- Librarians, Technological Literacy, and Those Who Get Left Behind by Marian Mays, Former Senior Editor
- Don’t Be Afraid to Relocate by Erin Kinney, Senior Assistant, INALJ Wyoming
- BANNED! 8 Lesser-known Books Banned in the United States by Ashley Mancill, Senior Assistant, INALJ Alabama
- Decoding the Job Posting by Cassidy Charles, Senior Assistant, INALJ NYC
- What to do while you’re waiting – Library Assistant edition by Mary-Michelle Moore, Senior Editor and LinkedIn Group Manager
- Applying for Jobs Outside of the US: A Few Places to Start and Some things to Consider by Yandee Vazquez, former Head Editor
- Dealing with Rejection During the Job Search by Rebekah Kati, Senior Assistant, INALJ North Carolina
- Librarians Are Superheroes (Literally and Figuratively) by Claire Schmieder, Senior Editor
Our two popular interviews cracked the top 20 too!
- Deep in Archives: Interview with Archivist, Christy Tomecek by Kasia Piasecka, Senior Assistant, INALJ Rhode Island
- Meet LeoNard Thompson, Manager of Adult Information Services for DC Public Libraries by Ta-Shirè Tribbett, Assistant for INALJ DC
It is hard work finding job opportunities, applying for them and getting hired. I hope INALJ makes at least one aspect of your hunt easier so you can focus on applying and getting the job. Here is hoping November continues the trend. Here is hoping the community we have built can help you focus and grow and most importantly find work that can support you and work you can be passionate about.
Image created with Facebook and Paint