Another fantastic 500,000+ page view month!
7.5 million page views total!
Our busiest day in August was 22,768 views on 8/5, and our busiest week Ever with 133,894 views, and our 2nd busiest month EVER at INALJ.com with 505,807 views! We also hit 7.5 million page views in total. In the very beginning of August we actually passed the total number of page views for all of 2013- so 2014 is going to be a banner year for us!
Some fast stats for August 2014:
- 7,557,474 total INALJ.com page views (all time) and 505,807 in August alone
- 31,941 Tweets milestone reached
- 5,741 Twitter followers
- 6,300 Facebook fans
- 6,578 LinkedIn group members
- 1,227 INALJ.com email subscribers
- Our ?th fan found their job! ? fans shared that they found jobs in August and many, many more found jobs as well. (this stat will be updated later on some month)
- California was the most viewed state page with 23,173 views
- Ontario was the most viewed Canadian province with 20,550 views
- Total jobs added for the month 7,866
The top 10 INALJ articles in August were:
- Why I Quit My Library Job and Why I No Longer Want One by Naomi House, INALJ.com founder
- Working Abroad As a Librarian: Challenges and Opportunities Ahead by Raymond Pun, reference and research services librarian in New York University Shanghai
- 5 Things That People Don’t Realize their Librarians Do by Rebecca Tischler, Senior Editor
- But I Can’t Move For A Job! by Elinor Crosby, former Head Editor, INALJ Nova Scotia and PEI
- How to Ace the Academic Library Database Presentation by Rebekah Kati, Senior Assistant, INALJ North Carolina
- So Long INALJ and Thanks for All the Fish! by Sara Dixon, Former Head Editor, INALJ Kansas
- It is Never too Early to Job Hunt: Some Resources for New & Returning LIS students by Naomi House, MLIS
- Ego Tripping at the Gates of the Library Job Hunt by R.C. Miessler, former Head Editor, INALJ Indiana
- 3 Off-the-Beaten-Paths to Librarianship by Claire Schmieder, Senior Editor
- Wardrobe Preparation: the interview by Dan Trout, medical librarian at Edward G. Miner Library, University of Rochester Medical Center
Our most popular interview nearly cracked the top 10 too!
- Meet Natalie Coolen, Head of Circulation at Rodgers Memorial Library! By Kasia Piasecka, Senior Assistant, INALJ Rhode Island
A reminder that on July 15th INALJ went through one of the biggest organizational changes since its founding, adding senior editors and senior assistants in place of head editors. More information can be read here in my piece, A Change You Might Not Even Notice.
It is hard work finding job opportunities, applying for them and getting hired. I hope INALJ makes at least one aspect of your hunt easier so you can focus on applying and getting the job. Here is hoping September continues the trend. Here is hoping the community we have built can help you focus and grow and most importantly find work that can support you and work you can be passionate about.
Image created with Wordle