July was our best month ever! 7 million page views total!
In addition our busiest day EVER was 29,449 views on 7/29, and our busiest week Ever had 126,580 views, and our busiest month EVER at INALJ.com with 544,821 views! We also hit 7 million page views on July 29th, July actually was a record month for average page views per day (17,575) too.
Naomi and several INALJ editors attended ALA Annual Conference in Vegas in late June, and she will link to her article review here, once it is published.
Some fast stats for July 2014:
- 7,051,667 total INALJ.com page views (all time) and 544,821 in July alone
- 30,398 Tweets milestone reached
- 5,604 Twitter followers
- 6,225 Facebook fans
- 6,296 LinkedIn group members
- 1,229 INALJ.com email subscribers
- Our ?th fan found their job! ? fans shared that they found jobs in July and many, many more found jobs as well. (this stat will be updated later on some month)
- California was the most viewed state page with 27,013 views
- Ontario was the most viewed Canadian province with 17,223 views
- Total jobs added for the month 8,794
The top 6 INALJ articles in July were:
- Why I Quit My Library Job and Why I No Longer Want One by Naomi House, INALJ.com founder
- 4 Sites That Every Librarian Should Know and Show by Fallon Bleich, Head Editor/ Senior Assistant, INALJ Arkansas
- Ten Useful Websites for Techie Librarians by Rebekah Kati, Head Editor/ Senior Assistant, INALJ North Carolina
- 5 Things That People Don’t Realize their Librarians Do by Rebecca Tischler, Senior Editor & Head Editor, INALJ Tennessee
- Library hiring from the other side of the table by George Hawtin, Head Editor, INALJ Saskatchewan
- Avoiding Cinderella Syndrome: Why Every Job Doesn’t Have to be a ‘Perfect’ Fit by Krystal Corbray, Managing Librarian, with Yakima Valley Libraries in Washington State
On July 15th INALJ went through one of the biggest organizational changes since its founding, adding senior editors and senior assistants in place of head editors. More information can be read here in my piece, A Change You Might Not Even Notice.
It is hard work finding job opportunities, applying for them and getting hired. I hope INALJ makes at least one aspect of your hunt easier so you can focus on applying and getting the job. Here is hoping August continues the trend. Here is hoping the community we have built can help you focus and grow and most importantly find work that can support you and work you can be passionate about.
*one last stat, the following states, countries and provinces have DOUBLED their page views since January of this year. A special shout out to INALJ Texas (nearly tripled!), Washington, Rhode Island, North Carolina, New Jersey, NYC, Missouri, Maine, Idaho, Hawaii, Yukon, Quebec, Ontario, Nova Scotia & Prince Edward Island, Manitoba, British Columbia, UK and Virtual Jobs.
Image created with Photovisi