by Amanda May, Head Editor, INALJ North Dakota
An RSS Brain Break
As an information professional, my RSS feed includes blogs on collection development, information literacy, library management, reference work, etc. These topics are relevant and interesting to my profession, but there are only so many posts on metadata one can take, you know?
Anyway, here’s a list of a few of my favorite library blogs that I visit when I need a “brain break.”
- Vintage Libraries – Do you miss the days of the card catalog? Remember the “good old days” at the photoblog, Vintage Libraries.
- Librarian Problems – This is a humorous blog that deals with issues that many library staff face on a daily basis. It makes you feel like you are not alone.
- Bookshelf Porn – This is a photoblog that showcases bookshelf photos from around the world.
- Awful Library Books – I found out about this site in my collection development class. The blog posts items from library collections that are sometimes funny and often questionable. It’s always interesting to read other librarian’s perspectives on the books. This post is definitely one of my favorites.
- Tattooed Librarians and Archivists – This is a photoblog that showcases the tattoos of various information professionals.
- A Librarian’s Guide to Etiquette – According to the webpage, A Librarian’s Guide to Etiquette is “the number one, most-trusted source for authoritative tongue-in-cheek librarian etiquette tips on the Internet.”